College Admission Testing
- Standardized tests (SAT & ACT) provide colleges with a common measure to help them make admission decisions. Additionally, they are one indicator on a student's readiness to do college-level work. Test scores may also be used as a criteria for awarding merit-based financial aid.
- The vast majority of higher education institutes accept both the SAT and the ACT for college admission and regard them as equally valid.
- When students should take (or re-take) the ACT or SAT or both, depends on the students' goals, weather it be individual college requirements, college placement, and/or Bright Futures Scholarship eligibility. It is best for students to allow enough time to re-take a test if necessary.
- Students register through the College Board or ACT web sites.
- Fee waivers are available for students who are eligile for free or reduced lunch. Students may request fee waivers in the BRACE Office.
- CEEB Code or a 6-digit high school code for WESTERN HIGH SCHOOL is 100-476